Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has announced the RRB ALP Recruitment 2023 for the recruitment of candidates for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who possess Matriculation / SSLC pass certificates and fall within the age group of 18 to 28 years. In this article, we will provide all the essential details about the RRB ALP Recruitment 2023, including the selection process, exam pattern, important dates, eligibility criteria, and more.
RRB ALP 2023 Notification
The Railway Recruitment Board will release the official RRB ALP Notification PDF for various vacancies for Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians posts. It is crucial for interested candidates to go through the detailed advertisement for the RRB ALP 2023 Exam before applying for the posts. As soon as the notification PDF is released at www.indianrailways.gov.in, the direct link to apply will be updated.
The RRB ALP Recruitment 2023 will be conducted for shortlisting candidates for the positions of Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians. The selection of candidates will be done through Computer-Based Test (CBT) 1 and CBT 2 Exam. For Assistant Loco Pilots, there will also be a Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT).
The complete schedule for RRB ALP Recruitment 2023 will be announced with the release of the RRB ALP Notification 2023, and the same will be tabulated in the table below:
RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2023 – Important Dates
|RRB ALP 2023 Notification||September 2023|
|Starting Date of Online Application||3rd Week of September, 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||October 2023|
|Last Date of Payment of Fees||October 2023|
|RRB ALP Admit Card Download Date||Last Week of December 2023|
|RRB ALP Exam Date||1st week of January 2024|
|RRB ALP Result Date||—|
RRB ALP Vacancy 2023
In the previous year (2018), the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) had released a total of 64,371 vacancies for Assistant Loco Pilot and various posts of Technicians. This year, we can expect a similar number of RRB ALP Vacancies, which will be specified in the RRB ALP Notification 2023.
RRB ALP 2018 Vacancy (Post-wise)
|Assistant Loco Pilot||27,795|
|Various posts of Technicians||36,576|
RRB ALP 2018 Region-wise Vacancies
(Table with region-wise vacancies)
RRB ALP 2023 Application Form
To apply for RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2023, candidates must submit their applications online. The dates for online registration will be announced along with the RRB ALP Notification 2023. Candidates must ensure to submit their duly filled application forms well before the last date.
RRB ALP 2023 Application Fee
Candidates must pay the required application fee while filling out their RRB ALP application form. Failure to pay the amount will lead to the rejection of the application.
|SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class (The fee for these categories shall be refunded after deducting bank charges as applicable, on appearing in First Stage CBT.)||Rs. 250|
Steps to Apply for RRB ALP Recruitment 2023
- Visit the official website of RRB and go to the other RRB page, https://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/other-rrb.php
- At your RRB regional website, click on the notification of the RRB ALP & Technician 2023 Notification.
- Register yourself for the exam with the personal details required.
- Fill in your basic details such as your name, your parent’s name, contact information, mail-id, etc.
- After clicking the submit button, you will receive an OTP. Process it.
- After OTP validation, process the generated mail for login credentials.
- Log in with the credentials and provide the details asked by the application.
- Pay the required application fee as mentioned by the board.
- Download the copy of the RRB ALP application and keep a hard copy for further use.
You May Also Like!
- SSC JHT Recruitment 2023, Check all Details and Apply Now
- UIIC Recruitment 2023, Apply Online for 100 AO Posts
- UPSC Recruitment 2023, Exploring Opportunities with a Salary of ₹208700
- NIA Recruitment 2023, Apply for 155 Vacancies
- SSC GD Result 2023, Final Merit List PDF Link
Scanned Documents Required for Application
In order to ensure speedy filling of applications, candidates should keep the following documents in digital form before logging in to the application page:
- Candidate Photograph in color: JPEG image of size 15 to 40 KB
- SC/ST Certificate (Only for candidates seeking free travel pass): JPEG image of size 50 to 100 KB
- Scribe Photograph in color (Wherever applicable): JPEG image of size 15 to 40 KB
RRB ALP 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The required eligibility criteria for RRB ALP Recruitment 2023 as mentioned in the previous year’s notification are detailed below:
RRB ALP Educational Qualification
Candidates who apply for the post of RRB ALP and RRB Technician must have the following minimum educational qualifications to be eligible for the respective posts:
RRB Assistant Loco Pilot
- Matriculation / SSLC, ITI from recognized institutions of NCVT/SCVT in the trades of Armature and Coil Winder / Electrician / Electronics Mechanic / Fitter / Heat Engine / Instrument Mechanic / Machinist / Mechanic Diesel / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Millwright Maintenance Mechanic / Mechanic Radio & TV / Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic / Tractor Mechanic / Turner / Wireman OR
- Matriculation / SSLC, Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in the trades mentioned above OR
- 3 years Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile Engineering OR
- Combination of various streams of these Engineering disciplines from a recognized Institution in lieu of ITI.
- Candidates with a Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above can also apply.
- Matriculation / SSLC, ITI from recognized institutions of NCVT/SCVT in the relevant trade OR
- Matriculation / SSLC, Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in the relevant trade.
RRB ALP Age Limit
The age of the applicants for the post of RRB ALP and Technician must be within the age limit as specified below:
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 28 years
RRB ALP Upper Age Relaxation
(Table with category-wise age relaxation)
RRB ALP Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The candidates will be selected as per the RRB ALP Recruitment 2023 Selection Process. The post-wise selection process with stages has been tabulated below:
RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
|RRB Assistant Loco Pilot||– CBT I|
– CBT II
– Document Verification